My First Ultrasound

Let me tell you about my experience on my first doctor. I wasn't so comfortable in my first OB. And for us moms we pay them for their services and we expect them to take good care of us and the baby. As first timers it was natural for us to ask questions. It was first check up then she told me to have a trans vaginal ultrasound. I never knew what it is ad she only told me that it is normally done to see if I have an ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy is also known as molar pregnancy. These resulted when an embryo is not in the uterus as what normal pregnancy used to be.

I don't even know what that means yet. I asked her if what does that mean, how does woman get ectopic preganancy or is it hereditary. I was so embarrassed when she answered sarcastically,
"if you're asking about where you can get ectopic pregnancy, you're like asking me where does the moon came".
My hubby heard it out loud and felt so annoyed. I also got annoyed but I have to pretend I'm not since she was still doing the ultrasound having her probe stucked inside my uterus. It took us about more or less 15 minutes to get it done. It really gave me discomfort as if my whole uterus was being scraped. It ended up that she had not seen any baby yet inside the uterus she even can't tell how many weeks the baby is. Then she asked me to come back the next month or if I feel any pain. I was so upset and my hubby was so annoyed. I could still feel the pain until the day after. We talked about it at home and we decided to look for another doctor.

My new OB told us it wasn't time yet for me to have that ultrasound because it was still an early pregnancy(that makes me too mad on my first OB). I told her how upset we were on our first check up. I again asked her a lot of questions and she answered everything and was too kind to give us a lot of informations that we need and thats what we expect OB's will do especially when its your first pregnancy.

It was the next month when I went again on an ultrasound. I felt nervous and I was shaking since i got traumatized on my first one. My OB was very careful and she was so nice asking me if im feeling some discomfort. I still felt it but it was just mild compared to my previous one. I saw the baby in the monitor. it was too tiny and i can clearly see the heart beating. It was only 2 cm. I was so happy I already got my baby's first picture. Thank God everything was normal. Theres no sign of ectopic pregnancy at all.

How does trans vaginal ultrasound takes place:
Normally you'll be undressed from waist down. You will lie with your knees bent upward and your feet in holders which they called as stirrups. They will use a transducer, a probe with a condom and a gel that will be placed inside your vagina. This probe will transmit waves to the computer too see the picture inside the uterus. You will feel a mild discomfort when the doctor moves the probe around your uterus to see the pelvic organs.
This procedure is also used to diagnose some infertility, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pains, menstrual problems. Also to monitor the baby's growth and heartbeats.


0 comments: