The little's first month in me.

I was still working back then on a shifting schedule. My shift was on graveyard and i will need to go everyday on the 7th floor. One day I was fixing my hair in the washroom when I felt an earthquake. It was only 5 to 10 seconds if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't really frightening since it wasn't recognizable at all. When I was way out of the building, still in the elevator I felt it was still shaking. I began asking my friends with me. They just laughed at me and said I was just exaggerating of what had happened. After few days I could still feel that things are moving around me and always telling my friends, "hey its shaking again". I could still remember the days while walking and I will suddenly stopped and look around me. I was so paranoid that it might be an earthquake again.

Not until I noticed I missed my period. It was past two weeks but I'm uncertain that I was already pregnant since my period sometimes came on the third or fourth week. One day I just felt dizzy and too tired. I called my boss that i was unable to work that day. This was the day when we went to a doctor and took some tests. The nurse told me to have a PT (pregnancy test).
I looked at the result and a single red line appeared. I told my hubby that it was negative. He was expecting I'm pregnant and I saw him sighed. I knew that he was sad because he really loved to have a baby. Then the nurse rushed running to tell me it wasn't just a single line. She found out that there's still one line revealing. It wasn't that clear as the first but it signifies a positive result. I looked back at my hubby and saw his eyes glowing. We're both speechless but we can't hide the fact that were both happy as well. Then I remembered thats why I've been feeling a little dizzy lately, it wasn't because of the earthquake, it was just an early sign of pregnancy, it was because of my little one.

I then started reading and surfing to gather informations regarding pregnancy. I was one of the lucky mom not to experience nausea. Nausea means morning sickness. This is a well known pregnancy symptom that will often show up between 2-8 weeks after conception - fertilization of the egg and sperm. Even if its called morning sickness it can happen at any time of the day. And for those unlucky mom they will feel nauseated throughout most of their pregnancy. These includes vomiting and feeling dizzy. To other first time moms, it will be our moment to always get near the washroom since we pee twice the time of what we normally do before. :). And even we just sit the whole day, we always feel fatigued or more tired.

During the first month I was still working and I felt back pains when traveling. My doctor advised me to have a bed rest and prescribed medications to keep the baby safe. I decided to quit my job. I told myself that I don't want to risk my baby's life. Job will always await but the life that is lost can never be replaced. This is my flesh and blood and it can never be replaced by any salaries I will earn at work. Of course our life will not only evolve between ourselves and the child only. Remember that we still have the dad of the child. Never forget to share conversations with them. We talked about why I decided to quit working, our plans and preparations to be a parent. We also need to manage and balance our time with people around us. Knowing that your partner understands you on what you're going through gives us satisfaction and comfort.

0 comments: