The Essence of a Woman

Ms Universe 1994, Sushmita Sen from India made a remarkable and unforgettable scene in answering the final question during the pageant. "What is the essence of a woman?", to which she very craftily replied, "Just being a woman is God's gift". Followed by a spontaneous notion: "The origin of a child is a mother, a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring, and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman."

Being a mom is its essence. When I was still young, I had been praying to have kids of my own, to be loved and cared for. It would be such a blessing to have a gift inside your tummy. I am now 27 and I used to count years ahead, how old will my child be when I'm already on my senior years. I wanted to see how my child grow from toddlers to teenage years until he/she becomes adult. Its a feeling of not wasting my time alone while counting the years i have on growing old.

It was last year, month of December when I finally knew that I'm carrying a new life in my womb. I can still remember that the feeling was unexplainable. I felt the excitement and fear. But what I can't hide was the glow of happiness. I felt that I was fully blessed to carry God's important creation. It was more of mixed emotions. I have no regrets that I would missed being single but I am more excited of how it will be to start a new life as a mom. There are so many things to learn and learning is what I love. What could be more interesting to learn more than your own life? I will surely have a lot of questions how to take care of my baby, myself, my partner and the people around me.

I'm about to share you my experiences, ups and downs as a first time mom. For now, let me just sip the taste of happiness by being an essential woman. Hope you join me as I live my new life.

0 comments: