Foods I crave..

Let me share with you my first food cravings. It is always been told by almost all the elders to avoid dark foods especially on your early months of pregnancy. According to Filipino beliefs the baby's physical appearance will depend on the food you eat. If you eat dark foods your baby will get dark also and lighter when you eat the opposite colors. Others also says that when you crave particularly on food lets just say a crab, your baby will look like one. My gosh!! Then I made a funny thought that if I eat my favorite celebrity my baby will look like her/him. That was only a joke. lols.


As far as I can remember, at first, I was so desperate to look for singkamas or turnips. Since my first month is not its season, I only found some in a vegetable corner of a nearest market which was already divided into pieces and doesn't have its branches anymore. Never did I mind about it as long as its a turnips. I don't even understand why it gave me the satisfaction even if I only had a piece of it. Those of you might want to ask others whose been experiencing the same thing like I did, they would definitely agree about the satisfaction feeling thingy.


The next food I crave for was lugaw and boiled egg. Lugaw is a traditional Filipino version of rice soup. My meals in a day wont be complete without having both. I never had a problem where to find it. Lugawan (rice soup store) are just around the corner but I make sure that their place is also clean. If you would ask me its easy to cook one but I don't understand why I want it bought from the outside. Maybe I'm a bit lazy cooking a lugaw. Haha.


One other thing I could not forget was craving for siopao. I always asked my hubby to buy one before he arrives home. I even don't want to give others any of my siopao. People at home would only laugh at me. Feels like I'm a kid having my own candies and hiding from friends. Siopao from chowking was one of my favorite. Been crazy craving for it. Asado or bola bola flavor will do. Don't forget the hot sauce for bola bola. I enjoyed eating the bola bola flavor with hot sauce rather than the usual sauce or asado sauce. Yummy! Hmmmmm, I wonder if my child's face would be like a siopao. Big and bulky.

Food cravings for woman won't be complete without the green mangoes and shrimp paste or "mangga at bagoong". I even mastered cooking my own shrimp paste at home for my mango dip. Well its been my favorite since I was a kid. My dad loves it and I would always sneak one from the fridge even without having my meals first. Almost every woman, pregnant or not, find mangoes really mouth watering. Even men too. One more thing I could never forget, the unforgettable sidewalk vendors during my childhood years having their mangoes halfed with bamboo skewers and the questionable bagoong. (lols).

And currently my cravings became the hard to find big guavas. Its not seasoned yet and I even look for my neighbor's native guava trees just to have one. Unfortunately I can only smell its taste through the aroma of the leaves. Huhu. Its been, I think, 3 days, since I craved for it. But I'm still not loosing hope to find and have one tomorrow.

From all the foods I mentioned, theres one thing in common. All of them have bright colors right? But even if its light or dark foods as long as my child is healthy, there'll be nothing I would worry about.

Some pics acquired from Marketmanila.

0 comments: