Women, Greatest Multi Tasker!

A lot of people disregard the term “full time housewife” as one of the toughest career in humanity. I was doing our laundry and working on the net at the same time when one of my team mates in one of my online job hits me a message. I excused myself telling him I need to rinse the clothes and will get back to him. That scenario made him brought up the word “women are perhaps the best multi-tasker!”. I just sent back a laughing icon. Ever since I started recognizing the word “job”, “work”, “task”, “assignment” or whatever you might call it, I always challenge myself to be a multi - tasker. It started when I was still a kid doing my errands. As simple as washing the dishes while cooking and filling up water for pales in the laundry area, all at the same time. Or taking a bath and cleaning the bath room at the same time. Thanks to my dad, he just thought me well. What drives me to do that? Of course more time to play. I would rather keep myself busy and focus, trying to finish my father’s assigned tasks ahead of time so I’ll be able to play with luxury time after that. But it doesn’t just end by that. My dad was just like a strict supervisor or should I say a soldier, checking every details of work I made, making sure I did it efficiently, no glitches or errors, before he could allow me to do whatever I want playing. Funny isn’t it? But it really worths a lot!


When I started working in the real world I remember myself doing a conference call, troubleshooting to other branches while doing my administrative works and other encoding. Now that I am a full time housewife doesn’t escape me from doing the multi tasking thing again. Nothing’s different and even get’s a lot harder than you’ll ever imagine. . You work the errands without getting any salary, right? What’s good in it, I’m the boss of my own. From planning, projecting, risking, and accomplishing, all of these are part of my tasks. Of course I do it also with my partner but his part is distinct from mine. From the moment I wake up I’ll start the day multi tasking. It is my responsibility to prepare the breakfast, husband’s lunch at work, and his clothes to wear while sometimes watching for some news at the television. After he leaves the house I need to fix all the clutter (that we never cease to have) before I precede working on my online job. Lot’s of different things to do. From cleaning the house, which I would say is endless, furniture maintenance, doing the laundry, taking care of our pet, fixing minor repairs (when hubby’s not around) and the toughest part…. kitchen works. I forgot that the real toughest part is getting pregnant and taking care of kids. But I admit there are times I don’t feel like doing anything at all (which I hope isn’t everyday). I sometimes procrastinate but I’m working out on it. I am not Wonderwoman, I can’t say I can do these things perfectly. Nevertheless, when you sum things up it is always a career to do such thing, a HOUSEWIFE CAREER. Everyday might all be the same but the strategies from doing it varies. Time is said to be too short and we all need to maximize every minute of it. How? Multi- task!! Get “THINGS”( with an “S” )done efficiently right ahead of time. The spare hours will always be ours to decide on and those spare times would be very valuable because it will always be a significant time for some additional rooms for improvement.


But always keep in mind in every career; QUALITY should always be our main objective not the QUANTITY.




0 comments: